F1 ויזת עבודה

New York F1 Study Visa Attorney

F-1 visas will only be issued by a US Consulate to International students that intend to be full time students. The following information is provided as a guide. An F-2 visa will be issued to the dependents of an F-1 student. Please visit: American Consulate to find the nearest Us Embassy/Consulate that has jurisdiction over your visa application.

Documents to take to the US Consulate:

  • I-20 form issued and signed by the University of Rhode Island
  • Copy of the receipt of payment of the I-901 SEVIS fee.
  • Evidence that you have enough money to pay for your tuition, fees and other expenses. Present your Certificate of Financial Responsibility and/or letter from your Department head that you have been awarded an Assistantship.
  • Evidence that you intend to return to your home country after completion of studies. Proof that you have strong ties to your family and country by showing a land deed, proof that your parents own a business, or any other documents.
  • Evidence of English proficiency, TOFEL, GRE, or GMAT score.
  • Proof of a valid passport (valid for at least 6 months into the future)
  • Photographs
  • F-1 visa stamp on passport
  • Visa reciprocity fee (if applicable). Please visit U.S. State Travel for details click here

Here are some answers to common questions regarding visas:

  • Where can I apply for the F-1 Visa?

    In most cases, you can apply for your F-1 visa at the US Embassy/Consulate that has jurisdiction over your country. Depending on what country you come from, you might be able to apply for your visa at an Embassy/Consulate that is far from your country. This is called “third country national (TCN’s visa). Call the Embassy/Consulate before you make the appointment for your visa.

  • When can I apply for the F-1 visa?

    You can apply at any time before the start date of your program (see I-20); however, the Consulate will not issue the visa until 90 days prior to the start date on the I-20.

  • How long after I have received the visa can I enter the US?

    You can enter the US only 30 days before the start date of your program listed in you I-20 (item 5 second line).